Product Listing Policy
Buy Aboriginal Product Listing Policy
- GENERAL PROHIBITIONS
- BABY WALKERS
- CELL PHONE (WIRELESS) SERVICE CONTRACTS
- CHARITY OR FUNDRAISING LISTINGS
- CLOTHING, USED
- COSMETICS, USED
- COUNTERFEIT CURRENCY, COINS AND STAMPS
- CONTRACTS AND TICKETS
- CREDIT CARDS
- DRUGS, ASSOCIATED PARAPHERNALIA, DRUG DESCRIPTIONS OR DRUG-LIKE SUBSTANCES
- ELECTRONIC SURVEILLANCE EQUIPMENT
- EMBARGOED GOODS AND PROHIBITED COUNTRIES
- ETHNICALLY OR RACIALLY OFFENSIVE MATERIAL
- EVENT TICKET RESALE POLICY
- FACES, NAMES AND SIGNATURES
- FIREARMS, AMMUNITION, WEAPONS, EXPLOSIVES
- GOVERNMENT IDS, LICENSES AND UNIFORMS
- HAZARDOUS AND RESTRICTED MATERIALS
- HUMAN PARTS AND REMAINS
- IMPORTATION OF GOODS INTO CANADA
- INTERNATIONAL TRADING
- ITEMS ENCOURAGING ILLEGAL ACTIVITY
- LOCKPICKING DEVICES
- LOTTERY TICKETS
- MAILING LISTS AND PERSONAL INFORMATION
- MANUFACTURERÂ€™S COUPONS
- MULTI-LEVEL MARKETING, PYRAMID AND MATRIX PROGRAMS
- NON-BUSINESS INFORMATION
- NON-TRANSFERABLE ITEMS
- PLANTS AND SEEDS
- POLICE-RELATED ITEMS
- PORNOGRAPHIC MATERIALS OR ADULT MATERIALS
- POSTING AN ADVERTISEMENT FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF COLLECTING USER INFORMATION OR RAISING MONEY
- PRESCRIPTION DRUGS AND DEVICES
- PROHIBITED SERVICES
- REAL ESTATE
- RECALLED ITEMS
- REFURBISHED MOBILE PHONES, LAPTOPS AND COMPUTERS
- REPLICA AND COUNTERFEIT ITEMS
- SATELLITE AND CABLE TV DESCRAMBLERS
- SLOT MACHINES
- STOCKS AND OTHER SECURITIES
- STOLEN PROPERTY
- TRANSIT RELATED ITEMS
- UNAUTHORIZED COPIES OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- VETERINARY PRODUCTS AND DRUGS FOR ANIMALS
- WILDLIFE AND ANIMAL PRODUCTS
1. GENERAL PROHIBITIONS:
1.1 You may not post or sell any item that is restricted or prohibited by a federal, provincial, state or local law in any country or jurisdiction. Please be aware that the www.buyaboriginal.com website ("Site") functions as a global marketplace, thus the selling or posting of items may be prohibited because of laws outside of the jurisdiction where you reside. Below, we have listed some categories of prohibited or restricted items. However, this list is not exhaustive; you, as the seller, are responsible for ensuring that you are not posting an item that is prohibited by law in any jurisdiction.
1.2 BuyAboriginal.com has chosen to also prohibit the posting of other categories of items which may not be restricted or prohibited by law but are nonetheless controversial including:
(a) Items that encourage illegal activities;
(b) Items that are racially, religiously or ethnically derogatory, or that promote hatred, violence, racial or religious intolerance;
(c) Giveaways, lotteries, raffles, or contests;
(d) Stocks, bonds, investment interests, and other securities;
(e) Pornographic materials or items that are sexual in nature;
(f) Items that do not offer a product or service for sale, such as advertisements solely for the purpose of collecting user information.
1.3 BuyAboriginal.com, in its sole and exclusive discretion, reserves the right to impose additional restrictions and prohibitions.
1.4 Listings must not misrepresent items. Sellers need to make sure that their listings accurately represent the item being sold. When sellers use unfair methods to divert buyers to their listing, it's called search and browse manipulation.
1.5 Listings cannot use techniques to avoid or circumvent BuyAboriginal.com fees. Except as noted in the specific policy as exceptions, sellers cannot:
- OFFER A CATALOGUE FROM WHICH BUYERS MAY DIRECTLY ORDER.
- ALLOW BUYERS A CHOICE OF SIGNIFICANTLY DIFFERENT ITEMS .
- LIST A SINGLE ITEM BUT OFFER ADDITIONAL IDENTICAL ITEMS FOR SALE IN THE DESCRIPTION.
- INCLUDE SEPARATE PAYMENT SURCHARGES THAT BUYERS PAY TO USE ORDINARY FORMS OF PAYMENT.
- MISUSE THE RESERVE PRICE OPTION.
- CHARGE EXCESSIVE SHIPPING.
- OFFER THE OPPORTUNITY THROUGH BUYABORIGINAL.COM TO PURCHASE THE ITEM OR OTHER MERCHANDISE OUTSIDE OF BUYABORIGINAL.COM.
- USE THEIR ABOUT ME PAGE TO PROMOTE OUTSIDE-OF-BUYABORIGINAL.COM SALES OR PROHIBITED ITEMS.
1.6 Listings must promote a fair and level playing field, and provide an enjoyable and safe experience for buyers. Except as noted in the specific policy as exceptions, sellers cannot:
- SOLICIT BUYERS TO MAIL CASH OR USE OTHER PAYMENT METHODS NOT SPECIFICALLY PERMITTED BY BUYABORIGINAL.COM AS ACCEPTED PAYMENT METHODS.
- COMMUNICATE TO BUYERS THAT THEY ACCEPT, OR WILL NOT ACCEPT, SPECIFIC FORMS OF PAYPAL PAYMENT.
- INCLUDE LINKS THAT DO NOT CONFORM TO BUYABORIGINAL.COM'S LINKS POLICY. SPECIFIC TYPES OF LINKS THAT ARE LIMITED INCLUDE LINKS TO FURTHER DESCRIPTIONS, EMAIL ADDRESS, PHOTOS, YOUR ABOUT ME PAGE, LISTING TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND BUYABORIGINAL.COM STORES.
- PROMOTE GIVEAWAYS, RANDOM DRAWINGS, RAFFLES, PRIZES OR BONUSES.
- CREATE A LISTING THAT DOES NOT OFFER AN ITEM OR SERVICE.
- ADVERTISE A DESIRE TO BUY OR TRADE ITEMS, EXCEPT AS ALLOWED IN NON-BINDING BID CATEGORIES AND IN WANT IT NOW.
- INCLUDE THIRD-PARTY ENDORSEMENTS OF BUYABORIGINAL.COM MEMBERS.
- INCLUDE THIRD PARTY CREDITS BEYOND WHAT IS ACCEPTABLE.
- CREATE TEST LISTINGS EXCEPT IN THE EVERYTHING ELSE > TEST AUCTIONS CATEGORY.
- USE OF PROFANITY IN A LISTING, EXCEPT IN MEDIA TITLES.
2. 1 BuyAboriginal.com does not permit the sale of alcoholic beverages on its Canadian website, except for certain pre-approved sales of wine and spirits. Even if you are a licensed vintner or liquor distributor, you are not permitted to sell alcohol on the Canadian BuyAboriginal.com site unless you are in a small group of pre-approved sellers. Further, non-Canadian users may not conduct alcohol sales with any BuyAboriginal.com user residing in Canada. The sale of alcoholic beverages is a matter that is highly regulated and taxed within Canadian provinces. Sellers of alcoholic beverages must be licensed. It is illegal for individuals to ship alcoholic beverages, including wine, even to a willing adult buyer in Canada.
2.2 In any circumstances, the sale of alcohol to individuals who have not reached the legal drinking age is prohibited by law. The legal drinking age varies between 18 and 19 years of age depending on the Province or Territory. The legal drinking age is 19 in British Columbia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, Nunavut, Prince Edward Island, Ontario and the Yukon. The legal age in Alberta, Manitoba, Quebec and Saskatchewan, as well as under federal law, is 18 years.
3.1 Artifacts, cultural relics, historical grave markers, and related items are protected under the laws of Canada, the United States, and other jurisdictions and may not be posted or sold through the Site.
3.2 The trade of Aboriginal artifacts, cultural relics (including personal collection relics), gold, silver, other precious metals, rare animals and their products from Canada to foreign parties is strictly prohibited under Canadian law and is accordingly prohibited on the Site.
4. BABY WALKERS
4.1 The sale of baby walkers is not permitted on BuyAboriginal.com.
5. CELL PHONE (WIRELESS) SERVICE CONTRACTS
5. 1 Users can list cell phone service contracts on BuyAboriginal.com either by themselves or bundled with a phone.
5.2 If you sell a service contract or a phone bundled with a required service contract, you need to:
- BE AN AUTHORIZED RESELLER OF CELL PHONE SERVICES.
- OFFER A FULL REFUND WITHIN 10 DAYS OF PAYMENT TO ANY BUYER WHO IS REJECTED FOR A SERVICE CONTRACT.
- CLEARLY STATE IN LISTINGS WHAT REGIONS, PROVINCES OR POSTAL CODES OF THE COUNTRY ARE SERVICED AND ANY RESTRICTIONS BUYERS MAY ENCOUNTER.
- INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING TEXT IN ALL SERVICE CONTRACT AND BUNDLED LISTINGS:
- Â€ŒAS AN AUTHORIZED RESELLER OF CELL PHONE SERVICES, I WILL PROVIDE A FULL REFUND WITHIN 10 DAYS TO ANY BUYER THAT DOES NOT QUALIFY FOR OUR SERVICE. THIS MAY OCCUR IF THE BUYER IS LOCATED OUTSIDE THE AREA TO WHICH I AM AUTHORIZED TO RESELL, OR IF THE BUYER IS REJECTED FOR OTHER REASONS, SUCH AS NOT MEETING OUR CREDIT REQUIREMENTS. TO FULLY UNDERSTAND OUR COVERAGE AREA AND POLICY, PLEASE CAREFULLY READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS IN THE LISTING.Â€
- WE RECOMMEND COPYING AND PASTING THE ABOVE TEXT DIRECTLY INTO YOUR LISTING. BE SURE TO USE THE SAME FONT SIZE AS THE REST OF YOUR DESCRIPTION.
6. CHARITY OR FUNDRAISING LISTINGS
6.1 Charitable fundraising in Canada is a highly regulated area subject to numerous provincial and federal laws. BuyAboriginal.com Canada allows registered Canadian Charities to list items and collect proceeds as long as the listings meet our specific guidelines for charitable solicitations.
6. 2 Registered Canadian charities must provide a charitable registration number to be eligible for BuyAboriginal.com Canada's Charity Fee Credit policy. If you're a registered Canadian charity, please complete the Charity Registration and Promotional form on the site.
7. CLOTHING, USED
7.1 Used undergarments may not be listed or sold on the Site. Other used clothing may be listed, so long as the clothing has been thoroughly cleaned and the listing clearly states that the clothing is used. Postings that contain inappropriate or extraneous descriptions will be removed.
8. COSMETICS, USED
8.1 The listing or sale of used cosmetics is prohibited on the Site.
9. COUNTERFEIT CURRENCY, COINS AND STAMPS
9.1 BuyAboriginal.com strictly forbids the sale and purchase of counterfeit currency and stamps, coins, bank notes, bonds, money orders, and other securities, as well as the equipment used to produce such items.
9.2 Reproductions or replicas of coins as collectible items must be clearly marked with the word "COPY", "REPRODUCTION", "REPLICA" or as otherwise required under local law.
10. CONTRACTS AND TICKETS
10.1 You are responsible for ensuring that your transaction is lawful and not in violation of any contractual obligation. Before posting an item on the Site, you should carefully read any contracts that you have entered into that might limit your right to sell your item on the Site. Some items, such as airline tickets, have terms printed on the item that may limit your ability to sell that item. In other cases, such as when you are distributing a company's products, you may have signed a separate contract restricting your ability to market the product.
10.2 BuyAboriginal.com does not search for items that may raise these types of issues, nor can it review copies of private contracts, or adjudicate or take sides in private contract disputes. However, we want you to be aware that posting items in violation of your contractual obligations could put you at risk with third parties. BuyAboriginal.com therefore urges that you not list any item until you have reviewed any relevant contracts or agreements, and are confident you can legally sell it on the Site.
10.3 If you have any questions regarding your rights under a contract or agreement, we strongly recommend that you contact the company with whom you entered into the contract and/or consult with an attorney.
11. CREDIT CARDS
11.1 Credit or debit cards cannot lawfully be transferred from one person to another, and therefore such items may not be listed on the Site.
12. DRUGS, ASSOCIATED PARAPHERNALIA, DRUG DESCRIPTIONS OR DRUG-LIKE SUBSTANCES
12.1 The listing or sale of narcotics, steroids, poppy seeds, poppy seed products or other controlled substances is strictly forbidden on the Site.
12.2 The listing or sale of drug paraphernalia, including all items that are primarily intended or designed for use in manufacturing, concealing, or using a controlled substance is strictly forbidden on the Site. Such items include, but are not limited to those items used for the ingestion of illicit substances including pipes such as water pipes, carburetor pipes, chamber pipes, ice pipes, bongs, etc.
12.3 Buy Aboriginal prohibits sellers from describing legal substances, such as plants or herbs, in a manner that suggests ingesting, inhaling, extracting or otherwise using any substance or compound from the legal substance will provide the same effect as an illegal drug, compound or substance or that will provide unsubstantiated health benefits.
12.4 Buy Aboriginal looks to Health Canada, the Natural Health Product Directorate, the U.S. Federal Trade Commission, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, and other regulatory agencies for guidance on items that violate their policies on inappropriate marketing.
12.5 Buy Aboriginal reminds Users that Canadian law requires that the manufacture, packaging, labeling, storage, importation, distribution and sale of Natural Health Products comply with all safety and licensing requirements found in the Natural Health Product Regulations.
13. ELECTRONIC SURVEILLANCE EQUIPMENT
13.1 BuyAboriginal.com does not permit the sale of products that are designed primarily to record the private oral, wire or electronic conversations of others without their knowledge or permission. These small, easily hidden transmitting devices are illegal to possess, sell or use in many countries.
14. EMBARGOED GOODS AND PROHIBITED COUNTRIES
14.1 Certain goods and countries are subject to restrictions with respect to trade. The Canadian government has trade and economic sanctions in place that regulate or ban trade of particular goods or with particular countries pursuant to the United Nations Act, the Special Economic Measures Act and the Export and Import Permits Act.
14.2 Goods and countries covered by the Export and Import Permits Act can be found in the Area Control List, Import Control List and Export Control List. Countries covered by sanctions under the United Nations Act can be found by visiting the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade.
14.3 International buyers and sellers should familiarize themselves with various trade and economic sanctions and restrictions imposed by the Canadian government at any given time.
15. ETHNICALLY OR RACIALLY OFFENSIVE MATERIAL
15.1 Postings that are ethnically or racially offensive are prohibited on the Site. Sellers and purchasers must ensure that any wording used portrays appropriate sensitivity to those who might read it in their postings, and when they are offering or purchasing potentially offensive items or services.
15.2 Occasionally, if materials are of historical value or integral to the item (such as a book title), members may use offensive words and phrases in the subject and description of a posting. BuyAboriginal.com encourages all members to treat others as they themselves would like to be treated.
15.3 BuyAboriginal.com prohibits such materials promoting Nazism, the KKK, etc.
16. EVENT TICKET RESALE POLICY
16.1 BuyAboriginal.com allows the listing of tickets to performance, sporting and entertainment events to the extent permitted by law. However, as a ticket seller, you are responsible for ensuring that your particular transaction does not violate any applicable law or the terms on the ticket itself.
17. FACES, NAMES AND SIGNATURES
17.1 Items containing the likeness, image, name, or signature of another person are prohibited, unless the products were made or authorized by the person whose likeness, image, name or signature has been used.
18. FINANCIAL SERVICES
18.1 BuyAboriginal.com prohibits listings that offer financial services, including money transfers, issuing bank guarantees and letters of credit, loans, fundraising and funding for personal investment purposes, etc.
19. FIREARMS, AMMUNITION, WEAPONS, EXPLOSIVES
19.1 The posting of any firearms, ammunition, military ordinance, assault weapons, and related parts or accessories is not permitted on the Site. Offering for sale or purchase of firearms, ammunition, weapons to and from countries in which they are illegal is strictly prohibited and such activity will result in your account being delisted.
19.2 BuyAboriginal.com does not permit the posting or sale of BB guns, air guns, black powder guns or muzzle-loader guns and stun guns. Replica, "look-alike," and imitation firearms under certain circumstances will be permitted only upon the express approval of BuyAboriginal.com. Such replica and imitation items must have clear markings permanently affixed to the items to the extent required by the laws of applicable jurisdiction, and must not be readily convertible to shoot a projectile.
19.3 Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) and any instruction, processing, or aid of producing such weapons or materials is strictly prohibited by international law. Any violation of this policy will result in the notification of government authorities by BuyAboriginal.com.
19.4 Knives and other cutting instruments will in most cases be permitted to be listed. Switchblade knives and disguised knives are not permitted on the Site. BuyAboriginal.com maintains discretion over what items are appropriate and may cause removal of a listing that it deems as a weapon.
20.1 The sale of food is regulated by the federal government and most provincial governments. Sellers who list food and food-related products should familiarize themselves with these laws before listing such items on BuyAboriginal.com.
21. GIFT CARDS
21.1 You can sell most gift cards on BuyAboriginal.com, though there are a few restrictions. This includes things like the number of gift cards you can offer at a time, the maximum dollar amount of the gift card, and the type of cards you can list.
22. GOLD, SILVER AND OTHER PRECIOUS METALS
22.1 BuyAboriginal.com does not permit listings that offer the sale or buying of gold, silver and other precious metals (not including jewelry).
23. GOVERNMENT I.D., DOCUMENTS, LICENSES AND UNIFORMS
23.1 The following items may not be listed on the Site:
(a) Items that claim to be, or appear similar to, official government identification documents or licenses, such as birth certificates, drivers licenses, visas or passports. Furthermore, completed applications for such documents containing personal information may not be listed.
(b) Fake identification cards or any items that are designed for the manufacture of such cards.
(c) Articles of clothing or identification that claim to be, or appear similar to, official government uniforms.
24. HAZARDOUS AND RESTRICTED MATERIALS
24.1 The posting or sale of hazardous or dangerous materials (such as explosives, radioactive materials, flammable gases, liquids and solids, and toxic substances) is forbidden on the Site.
24.2 The posting of any products containing toxic or harmful substances (e.g. toys containing lead paint) is forbidden on the Site.
25. HUMAN PARTS AND REMAINS
25.1 BuyAboriginal.com prohibits the listing of any humans, the human body, or any human body part. Examples of such prohibited items include, but are not limited to: organs, bone, blood, sperm, and eggs.
25.2 Skulls and skeletons that are used for medical or educational purposes may be listed on the Site.
25.3 Items made of human hair, such as wigs for commercial uses, are permitted.
26. IMPORTATION OF GOODS INTO CANADA
26.1 Members importing goods into Canada from another country, either by selling or buying items listed on BuyAboriginal.com, are responsible for ensuring that the importation of that type of product complies with applicable Canadian laws. These laws often are complex, and issues will vary depending upon exactly what item is involved and the countries in which the buyer and seller reside. Members must also be aware that duties can be imposed and should consult BuyAboriginal.com's International Trade help page.
27. INTERNATIONAL TRADING
27.1 It's important that all listings and transactions comply with the laws of the countries where both the seller and the high bidder reside. Users are responsible for ensuring that their transactions are lawful in both countries. We strongly suggest all members educate themselves about the laws of their own country and the countries where they plan to do business.
28. ITEMS ENCOURAGING ILLEGAL ACTIVITY
28.1 BuyAboriginal.com prohibits the sale of items or links to items that encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to engage in illegal activity. BuyAboriginal.com also prohibits buyers from requesting or encouraging sellers to break any applicable laws. In addition, BuyAboriginal.com may remove listings as requested by law enforcement to cooperate with any investigation or to prevent harm to BuyAboriginal.com and its members.
29.1 The listing or sale of any form of invoices or receipts (including blank, pre-filled, or value added invoices or receipts), is strictly prohibited on the Site.
30. LOCKPICKING DEVICES
30.1 BuyAboriginal.com does not permit the listing of any lockpicking or locksmithing device.
31. LOTTERY TICKETS
31.1 BuyAboriginal.com does not allow the sale of any lottery tickets, whether they come from governmental bodies (such as Loto-QuÃ©bec) or private organizations (fundraising activities, NGOs, foundations, clubs, etc.) or any other groups. BuyAboriginal.com considers that the word "lottery" includes, but is not limited to, any proposal, scheme or plan for advancing, lending, giving, selling or in any way disposing of any property by lots, cards, tickets or any mode of chance whatever.
32. MAILING LISTS AND PERSONAL INFORMATION
32.1 The posting or sale of bulk email or mailing lists that contain personally identifiable information including names, addresses, phone numbers, fax numbers and email addresses, is strictly prohibited. Also prohibited are software or other tools which are designed or used to send unsolicited commercial email (i.e. "spam").
33. MANUFACTURERâ€™S COUPONS
33.1 BuyAboriginal.com permits the listing of valid coupons on its site, with some limitations. Please see â€™Additional Informationâ€™ to learn more about what limits are placed on the sale of coupons. BuyAboriginal.com is committed to working with the coupon industry to help ensure that BuyAboriginal.com is not a venue for fraudulent coupon-related transactions and to providing its users with a safe place to trade.
34. MEDICAL AND HEALTHCARE DEVICES AND SERVICES
34.1 BuyAboriginal.com prohibits listings that offer medical or healthcare services, including services for medical treatment, rehabilitation, vaccination, healthcheck, psychological counseling, dietetics, plastic surgery, massage, etc.
35. MULTI-LEVEL MARKETING, PYRAMID AND MATRIX PROGRAMS
35. 1 We do not allow listings and advertising of multi-level marketing programs (including online payment randomizers), matrix, pyramid, Ponzi schemes, and all similar programs on BuyAboriginal.com. These programs are often regulated or illegal.
36. NON-BUSINESS INFORMATION
36. BuyAboriginal.com is an online business to business information platform; personal and non-business information is prohibited.
37. NON-TRANSFERABLE ITEMS
37.1 Non-transferable items may not be posted or sold through the Site. Many items including lottery tickets, airline tickets and some event tickets may not be resold or transferred.
38. PLANTS AND SEEDS
38. 1 Some federal, provincial and local laws prohibit the sale of certain types of plants, weeds or seeds that are considered "exotic" or "noxious" weeds. Sellers should review federal and provincial guidelines on these items. Many laws also limit the time period after packaging or germination testing within which agricultural or vegetable seeds may be sold. If dates of packaging and germination testing are listed on the packaging of the seeds, sellers should include this information in their item description. Buyers and sellers of packaged seeds should consult with provincial and local authorities to determine whether the items they are considering buying or selling are lawful for distribution in their provinces.
39. POLICE-RELATED ITEMS
39.1 The posting of law enforcement badges or official law enforcement equipment from any public authority, including badges issued by the government of any country, is strictly prohibited.
39.2 There are some limited police items that may be listed on our site, provided they observe any noted guidelines:
(a) Authorized general souvenir items, such as hats, mugs, pins, pens, buttons, cuff links, T-shirts, money clips that do not resemble badges, and paperweights that do not contain badges.
(b) Badges that are clearly not genuine or official (e.g. toy badges).
(c) Historical badges that do not resemble modern law enforcement badges, provided that the item description clearly states that the badge is a historical piece at least 75 years old or issued by an organization which no longer exists.
39.3 Police uniforms may be posted provided that they are obsolete and in no way resemble current issue police uniforms. This fact must be clearly stated within the posting description.
40. PORNOGRAPHIC MATERIALS OR ADULT MATERIALS
40.1 The posting or sale of pornographic materials is strictly prohibited, as it violates laws in many countries. While pornography is difficult to define and standards vary from nation to nation, BuyAboriginal.com will generally follow guidelines accepted in Canada and the United States of America. BuyAboriginal.com strictly prohibits items depicting bestiality, rape sex, incest, or sex with graphic violence or degradation.
40.2 In determining whether listings or information should be removed from the site, we consider the overall content of the posting, including photos, pictorials, and text.
40.3 BuyAboriginal.com does not permit the sale of SM products. Novelty sexually explicit items, including various types of toys, collectibles, or food items in the shape of genitalia and primarily intended for adult buyers are permitted in the appropriate category.
41. POSTING AN ADVERTISEMENT FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF COLLECTING USER INFORMATION OR RAISING MONEY
41.1 BuyAboriginal.com is the ideal site for business to business commercial transactions. Honesty and high ethical standards is what we represent. Postings on this site should clearly represent the item being sold. If your objective is otherwise, we ask that you seek out other websites to carry on the business activity you seek to perform.
42. PRESCRIPTION DRUGS AND DEVICES
42.1 BuyAboriginal.com does not permit the posting of any controlled drugs or items that are prescribed by licensed practitioners authorized to dispense same. If you are uncertain as to the permissibility of your item, please contact BuyAboriginal.com prior to posting.
42.2 BuyAboriginal.com also does not permit the posting of unauthorized medical devices such as ear candles.
43. PROHIBITED SERVICES
43.1 Sellers are not permitted to offer or solicit services on the BuyAboriginal.com site that are illegal, sexual in nature or that violate BuyAboriginal.comâ€™s User Agreement.
44. REAL ESTATE
44.1 A real estate posting allows buyers to contact the seller to get more information and express interest about the property listed. Before you post a listing relating to sale or purchase of real estate, you must ensure that you have complied with all applicable laws and regulations.
45. RECALLED ITEMS
45. 1 BuyAboriginal.com strongly supports the efforts of the Canadian Consumer Products Safety group of Health Canada (CPS) to protect consumers against potentially hazardous goods. BuyAboriginal.com does not permit the listing of items that have been identified by the CPS as hazardous to consumers and therefore subject to a recall.
46. REFURBISHED MOBILE PHONES, LAPTOPS AND COMPUTERS
46.1 Under PRC law, the sale and purchase of refurbished mobile phones, laptops and computers is prohibited on the Site.
47. REPLICA AND COUNTERFEIT ITEMS
47.1 Listing of counterfeits, non-licensed replicas, or unauthorized items, such as counterfeit designer garment, watches, handbags, sunglasses, or other accessories, is strictly prohibited on the Site.
47.2 If the products sold bear the name or logo of a company, but did not originate from or were not endorsed by that company, such products are prohibited from the Site.
47.3 Postings of luxury brand products are permitted if a certificate of authorization has been issued by the luxury brand owner.
47.4 Postings offering to sell or purchase replicas, counterfeits or other unauthorized items shall be subject to removal by BuyAboriginal.com. Repeated postings of counterfeit or unauthorized items shall result in the immediate suspension of your membership.
48. SATELLITE AND CABLE TV DESCRAMBLERS
48.1 Descramblers or other items that can be used to gain unauthorized access to television programming (such as satellite and cable TV), internet access, telephone, data or other protected, restricted, or premium services are prohibited. Stating the item is for educational or test purposes will not legitimize a product that is otherwise inappropriate. Some examples of items which are not allowed include:
(a) Smart Card Programmers;
(b) Smart Cards;
(c) Descramblers; and
(d) Hardware or Software DSS Emulators.
48.2 Similarly, information on "how to" descramble or gain access to cable or satellite television programming or other services without authorization or payment is prohibited. BuyAboriginal.com's policy is to prohibit any encouragement of this type of activity. Â
49. SLOT MACHINES
49.1 BuyAboriginal.com will not generally permit the listing of coin-operated slot machines on its website. The sale or even ownership of coin-operated slot machines is regulated or forbidden in Canada, even for personal in-home use. The laws are often complex and may subject violators to criminal penalties
50.1 Academic Software
(a) Academic software is software sold at discounted prices to students, teachers, and employees of accredited learning institutions.
(b) On the Site, please do not list any academic software unless you are so authorized. Postings violating BuyAboriginal.com's academic software policy may be deleted prior to publication.
(c) For postings of academic software on behalf of an authorized educational reseller or an educational institution, such licensure must be stated conspicuously in the postings, including selling leads, Products and companies. A certificate of authorization issued by the authorized educational reseller (or the educational institution) also must be provided to BuyAboriginal.com.
50.2 OEM Software
(a) Do not list "OEM" or "bundled" copies of software on the Site unless you are selling it with computer hardware. Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM), or bundled software, is software that is obtained as part of the purchase of a new computer. OEM software licenses usually prohibit the purchaser from reselling the software without the computer or, in some cases, without any computer hardware.
51. STOCKS AND OTHER SECURITIES
51.1 BuyAboriginal.com does not permit the listing or sale of stocks, bonds, credit, investment interests, or other securities.
52. STOLEN PROPERTY
52.1 The posting or sale of stolen property is strictly forbidden on the Site, and violates international law. Stolen property includes items taken from private individuals, as well as property taken without authorization from companies or governments.
52.2 BuyAboriginal.com supports and cooperates with law enforcement efforts involving the recovery of stolen property and the prosecution of responsible individuals. If you are concerned that the images and/or text in your item description have been used by another Site user without your authorization, or that your intellectual property rights have been violated by such user, please contact our services department at [email protected] Â
53.1 The listing of any tobacco or tobacco products composed in whole or in part of tobacco, including but not limited to raw leaf tobacco, extract of tobacco leaves, pipe tobacco, cigarettes (including e-cigarettes), cigars and chewing tobacco, or coupons for such items is not permitted on BuyAboriginal.com. Cigarette papers, tubes and filters are considered tobacco products under Canadian law and the listing of these items is therefore also not permitted on BuyAboriginal.com.
54. TRANSIT RELATED ITEMS
54.1 The following items related to the commercial airline and public transportation industries may not be listed on the Site:
(a) Any article of clothing or identification related to transportation industries, including but not limited to, commercial airline pilot's uniforms, flight attendant's uniforms, airport service personnel uniforms, uniforms related to railway industries, and uniforms of security personnel of public transport industries. Vintage clothing related to commercial airlines or other public transport may be listed on the Site provided that the item description clearly states that the item is at least 10 years old, is no longer in use by the airline or other public transport authority and does not resemble any current uniform.
(b) Manuals or other materials related to mass commercial public transportation, including safety manuals published by commercial airlines or entities operating subways, trains or buses. Such items may only be listed if the description clearly states that the material is obsolete and no longer in use by the airline or other transit authority.
(c) Any official, internal, or non-public documents.
55.1 BuyAboriginal.com has special rules limiting who can sell travel-related items on BuyAboriginal.com, and what can be sold. Sellers who want to list travel-related items must adhere to all rules outlined in the Examples section below. Listings must include a full description of transportation, accommodations, and/or food services offered.
56. UNAUTHORIZED COPIES OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
56.1 The listing or sale of unauthorized (pirated, duplicated, backup, bootleg, etc.) copies of software programs, video games, music albums, movies, television programs, photographs or other protected works is forbidden on the Site.
57. VETERINARY PRODUCTS AND DRUGS FOR ANIMALS
57.1 Prescription veterinary products and drugs may not be listed on the Site.
58. WILDLIFE AND ANIMAL PRODUCTS
58.1 BuyAboriginal.com generally does not allow the listing of live animals or pets on BuyAboriginal.com. In restricted cases, some stuffed birds and the pelts and skins of some animals are permitted. We also encourage members to educate themselves on the laws governing the regulation of the sale of animals.
58.2 The listing or sale of any animal (including any animal parts which may include pelts, skins, internal organs, teeth, claws, shells, bones, tusks, ivory and other parts) protected by the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES) or any other local law or regulation is strictly forbidden on the Site.
NOTICE: This list should not be considered exhaustive in nature and shall be updated on a continuous basis. If you are unsure about the product you wish to list with the Site in regard to its appropriateness or legality, please contact our customer services department at [email protected]